T S Elliot said:

"Humankind cannot bear very much reality."

Friday, December 16, 2011

Just me

One of my favorite quotes is from T.S. Elliot. He says "Humankind cannot bear very much reality."

And for me this is the truest thing I've ever heard. I'm one of those people with a super vivid imagination. And I'm not talking about seeing monsters under the bed or the worst case scenario.

I'm talking about well... you know the kid who had imaginary friends when they were little? How they'd talk to them all the time out loud too?

Well I'm that kid and I never out grew it. I have an alternate reality going on in my head almost all the time. I stick myself in it at least five times a day. Some people say I'm crazy, some people are jealous but to me it's just part of who I am. Maybe it's how I cope with life. Maybe it's just the writer in me. Or maybe it's just me.

I've never really told anyone about this. I've tried a couple times but no one really gets it. I literally see what I imagine. I always have. I think everyone can but they lose it as they grow up. I'm just one of the few who managed to keep it.

This Blog and any other I create surrounding it will focus on what happens in this alternate reality of mine. And if you look closely enough you'll see that it's not so different from my real life. This is just the fantasy version of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment